"Hello, it's me, I'm not at home"
11:49 AM |

I had to take a blog break these last few days. My days were just filled with too many appointments, spontaneous doings and too few sleep hours to find the time to even sit down and write some of it out. I feel now that too much time has passed to explain it all, but in a laundry list I did this:
Friday: Went to my brother’s pre-prom garden party to take pictures, before watching movies with the boyfriend, going for a late-night run and an even later night, post-run meal with him.
Saturday: Cleaning apartment, baking cupcakes, tea with friends, out to the bars with my girlfriends
Sunday: Sleeping in way too late, going to a barbecue at a good friend’s house to celebrate her one day in Ottawa between returning from a six-month stint in Rotterdam and a summer-long stay in Owen Sound. Then dinner with cousins flown in from Victoria, visiting grandfather.
Monday: Drove to Toronto with cousin, his wife and my man for a long time, dinner out with a family friend, watched the hockey game.
Tuesday: Went to Wonderland, the theme park, not the drug-induced haze. Drove to the middle of nowhere and got lost for dinner at my aunt’s house. Drove back in the dark in the middle of nowhere to return home at 2:30, and awake for work today at 7:00.
Today I am drinking lots of stimulants and am quite tired. I also have this balloon that seems to be expanding in my chest cavity that makes me want to breathe deep and just stop, lie down, ad let it out. I think it’s the stress of yesterday still lingering. It was quite trying being the navigator, especially with shoddy directions, not a clue where we were, and being accountable to the equally tired and frustrated passengers/ driver who just wanted to go home.
Out of the trip, I realized a few things that I can add to the compendium that is my life manual:
1) I am not necessarily a planner. I am OK with not knowing where I will sleep, how we will get there or when. I trust easily things will work out. The boyfriend does not.
2) When in stressful situations with boyfriend, it is much better the fight the urge to yell and cry out of frustration and instead make light jokes, rub his neck while he drives and let things smooth over.
I had a great time with him, and was so happy to have a visit with the cousin I am closest with. Back to the grind, now. I wish there were an IV caffeine drip marketed to the public right now.