Summer Running..Having a blast
7:56 AM |

I am really getting excited about the increasing frequency on days I wake up and its sunny outside. Sunny with actual green grass! There is a stark difference between waking up tired from a 9-hour sleep just because it's gray and rainy outside and the days I can wake up after getting only 6 hours of beauty rest with a full stock of energy because its warm! And sunny! At this stage of my prep-for-race program, I can ONLY be motivated to run on days that aren't raining, rain-snowing or hailing. Lately my runs have been taking me to the point where it actually feels good. No more coughing up a lung's content after 15 minutes, now it's just go and go and go until I've got no more juice left in my legs. So far, my favourite songs to run to are:
"Right here, right now" -Fatboy Slim
"Bombs Over Baghdad"-Outcast
"Body Rock" -Moby
Song selection is key for me. I don't know about you but I actually find more energy in a strong beat. Before a few weeks ago when I began running, I gave up way too easy. At the time, of course, I thought I'd done "good enough" after awhile. I was indifferent to the hundrd of runners I saw along the canal every day. "Good for them." Besides, only out of shape people need to run, right? But now I get it--I get why people do it FOR FUN. It is! It's like the mind-numbing bus trips I told you about only now I'm running and forgetting about everything else but what I see ahead and how good it feels.