Life change anyone?
1:20 PM |

I've been MIA since my Internet access has been reduced to whatever half hour time slot I am fortunate enough to book at the Whitehorse Public Library. Because that's where I moved. Whitehorse. The Yukon. As in the arctic, north of 60, 23-hour sunlight.
Its a bit surreal. I have not fully realized yet that I have left my entire life, friends, family, work, social network to move 5,000 km away. Even as I write that, I don't appreciate that I am the subject of my own post here. The town is beautiful, clean, and the major perk is the mountainous landscape and aqua-blue waterways. Ive found a reporting job, and am getting used to the fiance having a job where people hate him and he sees depressing things like 14-year-old drug addicts all day long. I haven't quite figured out that I cannot go on a shopping spree on a whim (no money and also no clothing stores to go nuts in!), stores close at like 5 or 6 and then you're just supposed to be with people, and also the idea that business casual can sometimes mean over-sized T-Shirts and cargo pants. I'm adjusting, and trying to absorb all I can about what I've gotten into so that maybe one day, sooner rather than later, I will find myself speaking the words "home" and referring to Whitehorse.
More later when I have my own computer in my own house with my own Internet access that does not include peery strangers shifting their gazes to my screen. Yeah, old gardening lady in Crocs that smells of cilantro, I mean you.

Labels: ,