On the couch
10:33 AM |

It sounds like a country song, at least in my head, but there’s just no place like my couch, under a blanket, with my baby. (It sounds more like a song when you draw out ‘baby’)
It’s the thing I look forward to most throughout my work day and what I cherish the most when thinking of how awesome my life is at night when I’m going to sleep. Sitting on the couch (the ugly one, not our nice suede one) that reclines with footrests, under the fuzzy polar bear blanket, snuggled up to my husband (that is still so weird to say!) watching a movie or a TV show. Even better when we’ve just finished our cups of tea and the dog and cat are on our laps sleeping, oblivious to each other’s presence.
When it’s cold outside (as it is now 100% of the time, it being winter), and the phone is too far away to grab (on purpose?) and I can see the soft kind of snow falling lazily outside the balcony window, being on the couch under a blanket with him is the best.
If I were in grade 7, I’d say it was the bomb. If I were in grade 10, I’d pretend I was too cool to care but really my insides are fluttering like butterflies. If I were two years old, I’d scream out really loud with a big smile on my face and my arms up in the air. Since I’m a twentysomething, I nestle in further and know to make it last as long as I can.

Labels: ,