All I Wanna do is Have Some Fun
10:00 AM |

Today’s things that made me laugh were:
1. A coworker who made a corny joke when we passed each other in the cubicle aisles. He then giggled, and that made me laugh because I’m happy I have funny coworkers and not boring dull ones.
2. I saw another coworker in the shopping center and, I suppose ignoring or forgetting the hundreds of other mall-goers, made the most ridiculous funny face as a way to say hi to me. I laughed because it was actually out of character for him and because there were so many people around and this face was for me, goofy as it was.
3. This ritual I go through every day when I pass this one salon that emits these horribly pungent fumes that I’m pretty sure is the smell of intense plastic melting under a blowtorch. I feel like inhaling it will give me cancer or make me lose all control and seize on the shopping centre floors so every day when I see it coming up I take in a really deep breath and then let it out soooo slllooowwwlllyyy when I walk by it. I can’t hold my breath because then my nose will be tempted to inhale and it too will succumb to the cancer fumes. It makes me laugh that I do this every day because if anyone around me knew it, they’d laugh at me.
4. The commissionaire woman I call the pass Nazi because out of all the desk people she’s the only one to single me out and make sure I’m wearing my building pass high on my chest. At first it bugged me, because I don’t want to pin my pass to my shirt and make holes so I attach it to the bottom (Like, you know I work here, I’m no terrorist, chill). Now it makes me laugh because it’s like a standoff where I approach the turnstile, she sees me and we stare at each other daring the other to defy our ways. One day I even asked her if it was just me who gets her lovely reminders. Since then she only stares. I laughed today because I think I won.
Throughout my day, there are usually little things like this that make me laugh, but today I actually laughed out loud to myself, so I thought that was noteworthy.