Plans
5:30 AM |

It's a Friday at the end of another busy week, and I'm counting down to Sunday: the day I can sleep until I wake up not when the alarm clock wakes me up.
The man has passed his security screening and will be heading to Regina to start training in less than a month. Crayzay! So we've fast-tracked some of our plans, will likely have to cancel our New York City Christmas shopping trip :( but luckily he will be home for Christmas, albeit briefly.

Part of fast-tracking our plans was the understanding we'd have to pick wedding rings before he leaves, because he won't be back in Ottawa until a few days beforehand, once he leaves for training and then his posting. Next to trying on my veil, this has been the coolest part of wedding planning. I tried on and picked out my ring first, and I decided to go with a traditional white gold ring. Watching him try them on was something different. I guess I'm used to having a ring on that finger already, so adding another wasn't that dramatic. But seeing him try different rings on his ring finger almost made me cry! I didn't because we were in a busy jewelry store with glass walls so all the mall-goers could see us. But I smiled and felt giddy all over again, just like when we got engaged. Happy!

Today is our negative one-year anniversary too! Tomorrow I will be helping best friend's aunt decrate the reception hall of her wedding. I'm excited to see how all the magic happens (though ask me if I call it magic after decorating for six hours tomorrow), and get ideas for my own next year. I feel like because he's leaving and because we're going through all these plans now while he's still here, I am going to get myself all excited... and then just wait for a whole year. Yikes! But such is the consequence to a type-A personality and a move-around fiance.